Summer Vacation

Got some trip suggestions at another National Park, or know of a great place in the middle of no where? Share them here, plan your trips, and hook up with other individuals on the forum.

Moderator: alecto73

sgerbs
LNT Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 1

Summer Vacation

Post by sgerbs »

My wife and I just got back from our trip out west. While in California we went to Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks. Each park was really beautiful and fun to hike (we didn't backpack). As you can imagine, Yosemite was really touristy, but still had a lot of cool things to see. Kings Canyon and Sequoia were really unique, and were empty compared to Yosemite.

If any of you are heading out west and want a cool place to go I would highly recommend Kings Canyon and Sequoia. They are both really cool parks, and not many people visit them. As I said, my wife and I were only able to do some day hiking, no backpacking, but I definitely want to get back to backpack both Kings Canyon and Sequoia. The solitude along with the scenery is really captivating. I will try to upload some pics of our trip if I get a chance
2009: MC, WC, HL, SLD, WC