What are you spending your 2023 REI dividend on?

Questions about equipment and supplies to bring on a trip (including reviews).

Moderator: hooky

dcclark
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 4

Re: What are you spending your 2023 REI dividend on?

Post by dcclark »

odd man out wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:54 am
dcclark wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:45 am I'm (finally) buying a Garmin inReach to give my relatives peace of mind. I'm especially a fan of the free check-in messages. Sadly the 20% coupon doesn't work on devices with GPS chips, but the dividend at least takes a bit of the edge off.
What is the 20% coupon you speak of?
REI gives a "20% off anything" coupon to members just after dividends come out (and lately a "20% more off anything in the outlet section"). It expires quickly and has become more restricted over the years. Among many other things, it can't be used on anything with GPS technology. It is still pretty nice: I've used it in the past to save over $100 on a fancy tent.
Ingo
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Post by Ingo »

dcclark wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:02 am
odd man out wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:54 am
dcclark wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:45 am I'm (finally) buying a Garmin inReach to give my relatives peace of mind. I'm especially a fan of the free check-in messages. Sadly the 20% coupon doesn't work on devices with GPS chips, but the dividend at least takes a bit of the edge off.
What is the 20% coupon you speak of?
REI gives a "20% off anything" coupon to members just after dividends come out (and lately a "20% more off anything in the outlet section"). It expires quickly and has become more restricted over the years. Among many other things, it can't be used on anything with GPS technology. It is still pretty nice: I've used it in the past to save over $100 on a fancy tent.
Moose Jaw, for one, has started doing the same around the same time, no membership required, but you need to be on their email list to get notified about it, or frequent their website.
22: BI-PC-BI-RH, 21: RH-ML-DF-MB-DF, 18: MC-PC-BI-DB-RH-DF, 17: WI-IM-SB-FL-WC, 16: RH-CI-TI-RH, 14: BI-ML-CI-CH-MB, 13: RH-PI, 12: MC-CB-HL-TH, 11: WC-HC-WC, 09: MC-BI-DN-RH, 05: MI-CI-MB-DF-RH-TM-RH, 02: MC-LR-WL-CH, 01: BI-DB-RH, 79: worked RH
odd man out
LNT Expert

Post by odd man out »

There was a note in my dividend mailing about a coupon to come soon, but I never saw it. Alas.