- May actually live on IR
- Posts: 343
- Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:13 pm
- Isle Royale Visits: 30
Registration is now open for two 2020 Plant Identification (I.D.) workshops*, both of which will be held in Michigan's western Upper Peninsula near the shore of scenic Lake Superior on:
1. Isle Royale National Park (June 8-13), based at Rock Harbor, and
2. Keweenaw Peninsula (July 7-9), based in Copper Harbor, Michigan's northernmost village.
This is an excellent chance to visit a remote and wild portion of the northernmost part of Michigan near Lake Superior and learn the flora of the area at the same time. Both of these workshop locations feature rugged bedrock shorelines, ridges (with amazing views!), forests, and wetlands, which provide diverse habitat for numerous plant species, including boreal species and rare arctic disjuncts.
1. Isle Royale Plant I.D. workshop: This will be the 16th Plant I.D. workshop sponsored by IRKPA* that will be taught in Isle Royale National Park.
Dates: June 8-13
Fee: US$750 ($25 discount for IRKPA members) NOTE: In addition to three days of instruction, the fee includes 13 meals from Tuesday lunch - Saturday lunch, transportation between Houghton MI and Isle Royale via the National Park Service ferry Ranger III (and while on Isle Royale), camping in a group campsite, park fees, and two IRKPA publications.
For more detailed information about Isle Royale (including map), workshop activities, evening options, instructor's background, workshop fee, cancellation policy, and how to register, please click on the flyer at: http://irkpa.org/get-involved/workshops
2. Keweenaw Plant I.D. workshop: This will be the 4th year that an IRKPA-sponsored plant I.D. workshop will be taught in the Keweenaw, a picturesque peninsula on Michigan's Upper Peninsula that juts out into Lake Superior.
Dates: July 7-9
Fee: US$399 ($25 discount for IKRPA members)
For more detailed information about the Keweenaw (including map), workshop activities, evening options, instructor's background, workshop fee, cancellation policy, and how to register, please click on the flyer at http://irkpa.org/get-involved/workshops Enrollment is limited to 12 participants, so be sure to register early to guarantee a spot.
If you have questions or would like more information on either of these workshops, please contact Janet Marr at email@example.com or phone # below. If you know of someone who may be interested in hearing about these Plant I.D. workshops, that would be great if you would pass this announcement on to them. If you would be able to post one or both flyers, that would be wonderful, too. Thank you!
Botanist and Workshop Instructor
- May actually live on IR
- Posts: 315
- Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:06 pm
- Isle Royale Visits: 4
- Location: Ann Arbor, MI