Isle Royale Next Week - Great Forum and Members

Questions on general information and things that do not fit into any other categories.

Moderator: srparr

gwpruitt
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 4

Isle Royale Next Week - Great Forum and Members

Post by gwpruitt »

Greetings all,

I (with the family - wife, son 12, daughter 16) depart for Isle Royale early next week. 4 nights. This will be my first trip to IR, but not my first backpacking trip.

I have made a few posts and I just want to say I really appreciate the knowledge base that this forum offers. It has made my preparation for a lot easier. As a former scout and Scoutmaster...I'm all about that BE PREPARED thing!

As I am close to loading my pack - the last flash of wisdom I had was to make sure we are prepared for cooler weather - esp at nights...even though it will be early July.

Looking forward to my time on IR and will certainly follow up with a trip report. I really want to make it about the journey (and enjoy the island) and not the destination...although with IR it is pretty much about the destination!

See you on the trail.

Thanks again!

GP
fonixmunkee
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 18

Re: Isle Royale Next Week - Great Forum and Members

Post by fonixmunkee »

gwpruitt, glad you were able to get help from the forums, and we look forward to your trip report. Have fun, be safe!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
hooky
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 2

Post by hooky »

Have fun on the island! Looking forward to a report and maybe a picture or two when you get back.
NancyT
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 10

Post by NancyT »

I hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip. Can't wait for the trip report when you return!
~ISLE ROYALE INFO~
"A Comprehensive Guide to Isle Royale National Park"
http://www.isleroyale.info
Ingo
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Post by Ingo »

Did you come on the Queen on the 2nd? I think I may have chatted briefly with your wife when you were waiting for the water taxi. In any case, hope you had a great trip (and hope the bugs weren't too bad...)
22: BI-PC-BI-RH, 21: RH-ML-DF-MB-DF, 18: MC-PC-BI-DB-RH-DF, 17: WI-IM-SB-FL-WC, 16: RH-CI-TI-RH, 14: BI-ML-CI-CH-MB, 13: RH-PI, 12: MC-CB-HL-TH, 11: WC-HC-WC, 09: MC-BI-DN-RH, 05: MI-CI-MB-DF-RH-TM-RH, 02: MC-LR-WL-CH, 01: BI-DB-RH, 79: worked RH
gwpruitt
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 4

Post by gwpruitt »

Probably us. Bugs were not an issue at all. Hiking harder than anticipated but was a great trip. Bugs were only bad on tobin harbor trail from three mile to RH on last day. Even that was tolerable with bug dope. Never made it to lane cove. Next time. Full trip report to come.