Isle Royale Talk (Ranger's Perspective)

Questions on general information and things that do not fit into any other categories.

Moderator: srparr

odd man out
LNT Expert

Isle Royale Talk (Ranger's Perspective)

Post by odd man out »

Our local county park system (Ottawa County MI) has a nature center where they have regular presentations from their staff naturalists. On Sunday, they had a presentation (to a packed auditorium) about IR given by one of their seasonal naturalists. She has been working for the Country Parks in the winter and as Ranger Kelly at IR last summer (and this upcoming summer). She was stationed at Rock Harbor. Perhaps some of you met her there. The talk was mostly about the park from the perspective of a park ranger working there in the summer - the work, the fun, insider secrets, friendships, the "special" guests, etc... It was very interesting and I was happy to see such a good turn out. BTW, while she talked about her favorite special places to go and get away, pick berries, etc... on her days off, she didn't reveal exactly where they were - that's why they are secret.
tree rattt
May actually live on IR

Re: Isle Royale Talk (Ranger's Perspective)

Post by tree rattt »

That sounds like an interesting seminar. The life of the rangers on the isle is interesting. I always enjoy talking to them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
odd man out
LNT Expert

Re: Isle Royale Talk (Ranger's Perspective)

Post by odd man out »

I was at that park again last weekend for a hike and got to chat with that ranger Kelly again at length one-on-one.