Daisy Farm Ranger

Questions on general information and things that do not fit into any other categories.

Moderator: srparr

kolo
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 11

Daisy Farm Ranger

Post by kolo »

Does anyone know if Ranger Emily is back at Daisy Farm this summer (2016)? I did a solo canoe trip last summer and she went above and beyond in helping me out. To show my gratitude I would like to bring her some "trail magic" on my trip there this summer. I thought about bringing her some coffee. Does anyone have any better ideas?
Midwest Ed
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 8

Re: Daisy Farm Ranger

Post by Midwest Ed »

I would call the IR Park headquarters in Houghton (906) 482-0984. I'm sure they'd be glad to help you.
8 trips, 1975 x 2, 1976 x 2, 1978, 1985, 2000, 2013
kolo
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 11

Post by kolo »

Thank you Midwest Ed for your reply and the phone number!
Tom
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 16

Post by Tom »

As a delayed follow-up, I ran into Emily on the Island. She is no longer the Daisy Farm ranger, but is now commissioned (she has a gun and everything :shock: ) and is the Amygdaloid Ranger. I mentioned your kind words and that she was "Internet famous" for what she did, and she seemed touched.

So, the Isle now has an Amygdaloid Ranger again; apparently they tried to also fill/hire the Malone Ranger position but were unable to get somebody. (The Amygdaloid/Malone rangers are enforcement/commissioned rangers, whereas the Daisy Farm ranger does not have that requirement.)
Ingo
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Post by Ingo »

Tom wrote:So, the Isle now has an Amygdaloid Ranger again; apparently they tried to also fill/hire the Malone Ranger position but were unable to get somebody. (The Amygdaloid/Malone rangers are enforcement/commissioned rangers, whereas the Daisy Farm ranger does not have that requirement.)
Good to hear they have someone back at Amygdaloid. Hopefully Malone too next year.
22: BI-PC-BI-RH, 21: RH-ML-DF-MB-DF, 18: MC-PC-BI-DB-RH-DF, 17: WI-IM-SB-FL-WC, 16: RH-CI-TI-RH, 14: BI-ML-CI-CH-MB, 13: RH-PI, 12: MC-CB-HL-TH, 11: WC-HC-WC, 09: MC-BI-DN-RH, 05: MI-CI-MB-DF-RH-TM-RH, 02: MC-LR-WL-CH, 01: BI-DB-RH, 79: worked RH