Season Pass

Questions on general information and things that do not fit into any other categories.

Moderator: srparr

thesneakymonkey
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 3

Re: Season Pass

Post by thesneakymonkey »

Just got my season pass over the phone and my ferry tickets. Very excited for our August trip. Now that I have the season pass I am considering doing a second trip. My goodness! This year will be great!
kolo
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 11

Post by kolo »

Just as an FYI, we did talk to the IR office and the season pass does in fact cover the card holder and 3 additional people for a total of 4.
Can anyone tell me if the office is manned full time or what the hours are? I want to purchase the season pass and have tried calling several times over the course of the day. I have been unable to actually talk to a human; it is frustrating.
Tortuga
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 3

Post by Tortuga »

I know it's $20 more, but I was able to buy an "America the Beautiful" federal recreation pass from the USGS.

https://store.usgs.gov/pass/index.html

I'm planning 2 week-long visits to IR this year, and with this pass have the ability to go to pay no user fees at almost all federal sites. Totally worth it IMO, but if IR is your ONLY destination I understand the desire to save. Too bad you can't buy just the IR annual pass online.
Chorizo
LNT Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 19

Post by Chorizo »

FYI. I just talked to the Houghton visitor center. They told me these IR annual passes ($60) as well as the all-parks pass ($80) can be purchased upon arrival at Windigo or Rock Harbor.
kypaulfg
NewbieCake

Post by kypaulfg »

Senior lifetime passes for anyone over 62 years old goes up August 28 2017 from $20.00 to$80.00

https://store.usgs.gov/senior-pass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Base654
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 15

Post by Base654 »

I was talking to the folks at Headquarters. As indicated by the names of the passes The National park pass fees are divided among all of the parks and the Isle Royale pass fees stay with the Island. just something to think about next time you spend some money.