Ranger III Reservations

Questions on general information and things that do not fit into any other categories.

Moderator: srparr

Cycletrekyak
NewbieCake

Ranger III Reservations

Post by Cycletrekyak »

I going to the island for the first time at the beginning of June. I emailed my Ranger III reservations on Monday but I’m really impatient. How long does it take them to contact you and how do they contact you?
torpified
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 6

Re: Ranger III Reservations

Post by torpified »

I emailed (attaching a .pdf of the reservation form) in February. They emailed back the next day telling me to sit tight because they weren't processing reservations until March. About a month later, they emailed me a reservation confirmation.

I think the Ranger wranglers are the same folks who staff the Houghton visitor center. My correspondence lists a phone #: (906) 482-0984. I wonder if they're buffeted right now by a start-of-the-season turbulence?
thesneakymonkey
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 3

Post by thesneakymonkey »

In my experience, last year, it took a while. I put in my reservations so early that there wasnt enough staff there to process it. I put in for them January 11th and didn't get an official reservation confirmation until April 10th. They did email me almost right away in January to tell me they would be waiting a bit to process it, due to staffing. So I think you are good. Just be patient and youll get an email soon.
Cycletrekyak
NewbieCake

Post by Cycletrekyak »

I was thinking it may be bad timing since they are just now getting to the island but wasn’t sure if they were going to call or email back. I planned to send in for reservations earlier but couldn’t nail down dates until now. I’ll be patient for now and call next week if I don’t hear anything by then. Thank you both for calming my nerves.
Tortuga
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 3

Post by Tortuga »

Queen out of copper harbor has online reservations. Super easy and immediate, and a shorter boat ride (although a longer drive up).