NPS to make changes in Windigo

Questions on general information and things that do not fit into any other categories.

Moderator: srparr

johnhens
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 34

NPS to make changes in Windigo

Post by johnhens »

The NPS has put out changes it wants to make at Windigo and is looking for input from the public. Info here:
https://parkplanning.nps.gov/document.c ... ntID=89623
Montana
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 1

Re: NPS to make changes in Windigo

Post by Montana »

Thanks for sharing -- interesting ideas for Windigo. I did a quick review, need to ponder my response. I took one of the best showers of my life in Windigo, but they sure could use updated facilities!
johnhens
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 34

Post by johnhens »

Montana wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:57 am Thanks for sharing -- interesting ideas for Windigo. I did a quick review, need to ponder my response. I took one of the best showers of my life in Windigo, but they sure could use updated facilities!
I have watched and helped folks navigate the steep walkway to the VC. The store is too small. I am sure may will have mixed feelings about additional cabins/condos at Windigo changing the "feel" of it. Think updating is needed.
thesneakymonkey
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 3

Post by thesneakymonkey »

I thought the showers and washer/dryers were nicer in Windigo than in rock harbor. They are bigger and more of them. My best shower on the island was in Windigo