Endangered Species Decisions Tainted

Questions on general information and things that do not fit into any other categories.

Moderator: srparr

johnhens
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 34

Endangered Species Decisions Tainted

Post by johnhens »

Tom
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 16

Re: Endangered Species Decisions Tainted

Post by Tom »

Why.... I'm SHOCKED and AWED.

I normally eschew from political discussions on forums; and find myself disappointed with the entire concept of 'party' politics because it seems to me that in effort to support the party concept, then my elected leader is not really representing his or her constituency.
That being said, is it just me, or has the most recent administration really run amok with attempts to policitize EVERYTHING? I know, I know, each party in leadership has done their own dirty deeds, but I just don't get this adversion to SCIENCE. Debate philosophy. Debate religion. Debate other amorphous constructs. Science, however, once the METHOD is done being debated, should yield pretty reliable results. Why the fear? Why the desire to hide it's truth?
So... I'm SHOCKED that yet another area or department of government was negatively impacted because a political appointee decided to raise heck with the worker bee folk; and I'm in AWE that others just shrug their shoulders and accept this "business as usual" in Washington. We all deserve better.

<RANT OVER>
johnhens
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 34

Re: Endangered Species Decisions Tainted

Post by johnhens »

Tom,
I stay away from politics as the us vs. them arguments yeld the same results-nothing!!
When I hear of things like this it makes me shall we say mad. In the end it is all about $$$$$$$ for certain people, science and the like be damned. That is why I write letters ect. to my Representative and Senators, the more people they hear from the better. It will be interesting to watch Salazar, the New Sec of Interior. I am not excited about the choice.

Rant on my friend, rant on!!! :lol: