Changing my userid

Questions on general information and things that do not fit into any other categories.

Moderator: srparr

bobcat
Bushwacker

Changing my userid

Post by bobcat »

Moderators, is there any way to combine my former userid “bobcat” with my current persona “bobcat1 “? I had to register under a different name when I realized I didn’t know my password and my email on file was obsolete at a prior employer. Just curious. I would rather just have bobcat as my moniker.
IncaRoads
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Re: Changing my userid

Post by IncaRoads »

The ability to merge two users may require a specialized extension to this phpBB forum. I'll defer your question to fonixmunkee who is more knowledgeable in this area.

We could rename your original username to be "bobcat1" and this would affect 29 of your oldest posts. Then we could rename your current username to be "bobcat" and this would affect 165 of your most recent posts, and any posts in the future.
fonixmunkee
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 18

Re: Changing my userid

Post by fonixmunkee »

Bobcat1 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:55 pm Moderators, is there any way to combine my former userid “bobcat” with my current persona “bobcat1 “? I had to register under a different name when I realized I didn’t know my password and my email on file was obsolete at a prior employer. Just curious. I would rather just have bobcat as my moniker.
Props to IncaRoads for bringing this to my attention.

I found a tool that I believe will let me merge your user IDs, but I'm having trouble getting logged into the website's backend right now. When I'm not on the road, I'll try from home, and hopefully we will have a success for you.

I'll be in touch, bobcat (or bobcat1...)