IR has a new Superintendent

Questions on general information and things that do not fit into any other categories.

Moderator: srparr

johnhens
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 34

IR has a new Superintendent

Post by johnhens »

From Lake Superior Magazine: Island Super: This morning the National Park Service announced its new superintendent for Isle Royale National Park. Denice Swenke takes the reins as superintendent on Aug. 16, replacing retiring Phyllis Green. “I’m very excited ATCTW0701020.Super.250.jpgabout joining the team at Isle Royale National Park,” Denice says in the announcement. “The Upper Peninsula, Lake Superior, and Isle Royale National Park are very special places, and I look forward to working with the park staff and stakeholders. I have yet to experience 'enough' snow in my life and hope that gets tested in winters to come!” Since Denice currently is acting superintendent and deputy superintendent at Denali National Park and Preserve, in Alaska, where she's been since November 2016, her desire for more snow speaks well of her adjustment to the island in summer and the Houghton, Mich., headquarters most of the year. In 2019, Denice served as the acting superintendent of Mount Rushmore National Memorial and also has been superintendent of Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument, acting superintendent at Bighorn Canyon National Recreation Area and Horace Albright Training Center. She will move to Michigan with her husband, Steve.