Thanks for the Civility!

Questions, answers, suggestions and/or opinions about this web board or, the Isle Royale Info web site. If it's a Web Board or Web Site operational question, check here for an answer or, to ask a question.

Moderator: fonixmunkee

JerryB
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Thanks for the Civility!

Post by JerryB »

I have been tracking this forum (for many years now) and the Facebook page, which has the benefit of more pictures. I can only go to the Facebook page so often because of the negative and sometimes rude comments or injection of politics into the discussion. Thanks tot he moderators and participants of the forum for maintaining the level of discourse and civility!
MikeT
IR Pro
Isle Royale Visits: 23

Re: Thanks for the Civility!

Post by MikeT »

That is nice to hear. I do not do facebook for the reasons you mentioned and others. This has always been a GREAT community and it is because of EVERYONE in this community.
Mike T.
"Isle Royale Info - A Comprehensive Guide to Isle Royale National Park" available at: http://www.isleroyale.info
"Isle Royale Itinerary Generator" an intuitive program to create and manage itineraries. Description at: http://www.isleroyale.info/ig_description.html
"Half the fun is in the planning"
fonixmunkee
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 18

Post by fonixmunkee »

JerryB wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:54 am I have been tracking this forum (for many years now) and the Facebook page, which has the benefit of more pictures. I can only go to the Facebook page so often because of the negative and sometimes rude comments or injection of politics into the discussion. Thanks tot he moderators and participants of the forum for maintaining the level of discourse and civility!
Thanks for the feedback. I agree, Facebook is full of vitriol...the short backstory to the Isle Royale Forums Facebook page was that it was created simply to allow people to log into the forums with their Facebook account. When I built the page, and the subsequent Facebook app, I forgot to hide it from the public Facebook search. Now it's a self-managed mini-community (managed pretty well thanks to JohnHens)
hooky
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 2

Post by hooky »

I didn't realize you were the creator of the facebook page, fonix. I hope you're able to monetize it to cover the costs of this forum. This has been a great group of people to converse with and share share experiences.
fonixmunkee
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 18

Post by fonixmunkee »

hooky wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:05 am I hope you're able to monetize it to cover the costs of this forum.
I'll never put ads on any Isle Royale Forums stuff. The one time I needed to pay a web hosting bill for this Forums, I received more than enough donations to cover it. That's how good the community is here. :D
kolo
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 11

Post by kolo »

I peruse two different forums on the InterWeb and this one is much more civil than the other one! I also appreciate the civil and humble conversations on this forum. Believe me the other one doesn't come close and I find myself reading it less.