Forum moderators wanted!

Questions, answers, suggestions and/or opinions about this web board or, the Isle Royale Info web site. If it's a Web Board or Web Site operational question, check here for an answer or, to ask a question.

Moderator: fonixmunkee

fonixmunkee
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 18

Forum moderators wanted!

Post by fonixmunkee »

Hello all,

In order to keep the board running smooth and spam-free, I'm sending out a request to everyone here who participates to become a moderator for the forum.

So what does a "forum moderator" mean, and what do they do? It's easy, really...a forum moderator lords over one of the many sub-forums on the board and keeps an eye out for spam posts, misplaced posts, or off-topic posts in their respective sub-forum. You will have the power to delete or move posts as you see fit.

If you are interested in being a moderator ("mod" in cool internet lingo), please reply to this thread with what sub-forum(s) you'd like to moderate. I'll assign you privileges and you'll be on your merry way.

Available forums for moderation:
  • [strikeout]Trails and Campsites[/strikeout] Thanks MikeT!
    [strikeout]Weather and Bugs[/strikeout] Thanks drobarge!
    [strikeout]Trip reports[/strikeout] Thanks Rafiki & Tom!
    [strikeout]History[/strikeout] Thanks drobarge!
    [strikeout]General Questions and Miscellaneous[/strikeout] Thanks Rafiki & srparr!
    Pictures
    [strikeout]Other places parks[/strikeout]Thanks alecto73!
Last edited by fonixmunkee on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:03 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Reason: Five forums moderated!
MikeT
IR Pro
Isle Royale Visits: 23

Re: Forum moderators wanted!

Post by MikeT »

I'll take on Trails and Campsites if you wish.
Mike T.
"Isle Royale Info - A Comprehensive Guide to Isle Royale National Park" available at: http://www.isleroyale.info
"Isle Royale Itinerary Generator" an intuitive program to create and manage itineraries. Description at: http://www.isleroyale.info/ig_description.html
"Half the fun is in the planning"
drobarge
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 24

Post by drobarge »

Put me on Weather & Bugs.
Tom
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 16

Post by Tom »

I'll stick with Trip Reports, but add me anywhere else if you need the help!
alecto73
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 2

Post by alecto73 »

I will do other places
|| Jess ||
Rafiki
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 7

Post by Rafiki »

I sent you a PM. I don't know how I missed this thread. I really need to pay more attention to the sticky items listed on top which are segregated from the normal posts.
343.1 Miles Hiked: 2004 (3 Days), 2010 (11 Days), 2011 (13 Days), 2012 X 2 (8 + 12 Days), 2013 (9 Days/Paddling), 2019 (30 Days/Paddling)
srparr
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 20

Post by srparr »

I'll take on General Questions & Miscellaneous.
fonixmunkee
Forum Moderator

Post by fonixmunkee »

Still looking for a Few Good Mods...
Rafiki
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 7

Post by Rafiki »

Hello Fox. Is there a way to be notified via email if someone flags something on the forums or at least in the section I have been assigned to watch over. While I like to try to get here everyday, sometimes I get caught up with things and don't make it to the boards. However, I am constantly checking my email, so if and when someone flags something and I know about it, I can always make it a point to investigate the matter. Right now there is a guy that has spammed a thread in the transportation boards. This is not my section, so I flagged it for dmbhiker to take notice of so he can do something about it.
343.1 Miles Hiked: 2004 (3 Days), 2010 (11 Days), 2011 (13 Days), 2012 X 2 (8 + 12 Days), 2013 (9 Days/Paddling), 2019 (30 Days/Paddling)
fonixmunkee
Forum Moderator

Post by fonixmunkee »

Rafiki wrote:Is there a way to be notified via email if someone flags something on the forums or at least in the section I have been assigned to watch over.
Unfortunately, no, but it's something I can look into.
fonixmunkee
Forum Moderator

Post by fonixmunkee »

We've recently lost some forum moderators, so I'm bumping this thread to see if anyone wants to help moderate the forums with our team.

The job is easy...especially with the newer version of the forums software we're running. The biggest task as a forum moderator is deleting spam posts that may come up in your threads you're responsible for moderating. Other tasks may include keeping a thread on topic or moving it to a new sub-forum if its posted in the wrong area. Really, it is a simple job, and it makes a great resume bullet (joking).

So, if you're interested in being a forum moderator, post here and I'll send you the details. It's simple and fun, and gets you more involved with the forums and the users. Thanks in advance for any volunteers.
hooky
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 2

Post by hooky »

I'm your huckleberry!