Outbox and Sent Box

Questions, answers, suggestions and/or opinions about this web board or, the Isle Royale Info web site. If it's a Web Board or Web Site operational question, check here for an answer or, to ask a question.

Moderator: fonixmunkee

Rafiki
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 7

Outbox and Sent Box

Post by Rafiki »

What is the difference between these two boxes? Sometimes I send a message and it appears in my sent box and other times it appears in my sent box. Sometimes items in my outbox move to my sent box after a day or two passes. Can anyone explain the difference between these two boxes? Thanks.
343.1 Miles Hiked: 2004 (3 Days), 2010 (11 Days), 2011 (13 Days), 2012 X 2 (8 + 12 Days), 2013 (9 Days/Paddling), 2019 (30 Days/Paddling)
NancyT
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 10

Re: Outbox and Sent Box

Post by NancyT »

It stays in the outbox until the person receiving it opens it, then it moves to the sent box. I used to run a phpbb board a while back.
~ISLE ROYALE INFO~
"A Comprehensive Guide to Isle Royale National Park"
http://www.isleroyale.info
fonixmunkee
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 18

Post by fonixmunkee »

NancyT wrote:It stays in the outbox until the person receiving it opens it, then it moves to the sent box. I used to run a phpbb board a while back.
This is the correct answer. Thanks NancyT!
Rafiki
IR Expert

Post by Rafiki »

Neat. Thats what I thought. The reason why I was confused is because my phone has a outbox and sent folder for my text messages. The outbox are for messages that were in the process of getting sent but failed so they are in the outbox waiting to be resent by me manually while the sent box is for messages that went through. I am glad to hear the outbox on here does not work in a likewise manner. I was worried that perhaps my messages weren't getting sent or that they were being delayed from being sent for some reason due to them sometimes taking a day before they were shifted over to the sent box. Thanks for filling me in guys.
343.1 Miles Hiked: 2004 (3 Days), 2010 (11 Days), 2011 (13 Days), 2012 X 2 (8 + 12 Days), 2013 (9 Days/Paddling), 2019 (30 Days/Paddling)
Rafiki
IR Expert

Post by Rafiki »

Another question. If I delete an Outbox message is that to suggest that it will not get sent to the person? In otherwords, does it remain in my Outbox until someone opens it, but if I delete it before someone opens it, they will never get around to reading it because it will no longer exist in their inbox?
MikeT
IR Pro
Isle Royale Visits: 23

Post by MikeT »

I can verify that Rafiki. I received notification of an email (from you) last night and went to read it this morning, and you had deleted it. I could not see what the message was.
Mike T.
"Isle Royale Info - A Comprehensive Guide to Isle Royale National Park" available at: http://www.isleroyale.info
"Isle Royale Itinerary Generator" an intuitive program to create and manage itineraries. Description at: http://www.isleroyale.info/ig_description.html
"Half the fun is in the planning"
Rafiki
IR Expert

Post by Rafiki »

Neat. Ya I sent you a PM about that awesome looking canoe you put a down payment on. However, after doing a little reading around I found the answers to some questions I had for you so I deleted my PM. Thanks for reconfirming how things operate.