Suggestions for the new year

Questions, answers, suggestions and/or opinions about this web board or, the Isle Royale Info web site. If it's a Web Board or Web Site operational question, check here for an answer or, to ask a question.

Moderator: fonixmunkee

fonixmunkee
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 18

Re: Suggestions for the new year

Post by fonixmunkee »

sgerbs wrote:I am also not available to access the new topic area.
How about now?
Ingo
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Post by Ingo »

That seemed to do the trick. Thanks Fonix!
22: BI-PC-BI-RH, 21: RH-ML-DF-MB-DF, 18: MC-PC-BI-DB-RH-DF, 17: WI-IM-SB-FL-WC, 16: RH-CI-TI-RH, 14: BI-ML-CI-CH-MB, 13: RH-PI, 12: MC-CB-HL-TH, 11: WC-HC-WC, 09: MC-BI-DN-RH, 05: MI-CI-MB-DF-RH-TM-RH, 02: MC-LR-WL-CH, 01: BI-DB-RH, 79: worked RH
philranger
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 9

Post by philranger »

Another suggestion would be to put the newest post at the top of a thread so we don't have to filter through all the old stuff.
Isle Royale Trips: 2005-RH to Windigo via Greenstone. 2006-McCargoe Cove to Chippewa Harbor. 2007-RH to Daisy Farm and back. 2008-Feltmann loop. 2009-McCargoe Cove to Chippewa Harbor. 2013-Minong Ridge. 2014-Windigo+Huginnin Cove. 2015-Lookout Louise to LC to DF to MB. 2018-McCargoe to Todd to HL to Malone Bay. 2021-Windigo/Huginnin. 2022-RH-DF-MB-CH
Backpacker534
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 9

Post by Backpacker534 »

I would like to "second" the idea by philranger to put the new posts at the top of the list.
fonixmunkee
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 18

Post by fonixmunkee »

Alright, I didn't forget about anyone's feature requests...it just took some free time to get it done.

The new posts on top idea is a good one, and seems to be popular. Unfortunately, I can't seem to make it work. So what I've done is change the forum code so when you click the "View new posts" link above the picture in the upper right-hand corner, it now displays the subject and body of the new post(s). Then you can just click the linked subject to jump to that thread so you can respond. Hopefully that will work for you all until I can find a way to make the new posts float to the top of the threads.

Let me know if it's a yea or nay on this new method.