Photos from October 2012

Contains the infamous Picture of the Week thread, along with other pictures shared by members.

Moderator: Ingo

fishmonger
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 1

Photos from October 2012

Post by fishmonger »

Finally got around to sorting through the images from last year. Last boat to the island, and the weather turned bad accordingly. My knee also acted up, so instead of doing a full loop hike around the island, I only crossed over to McCargo and then when the rain ended, hiked back to Threemile. Didn't see too much of the island, but still got pretty good output.

When viewing the gallery, you will need to to click the View Gallery button to get the menu back on screen that lets you access the other image sections (there are 4 groups of images).

Isle Royale October 2012 Gallery
SamMc
NewbieCake

Re: Photos from October 2012

Post by SamMc »

Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing.
Tom
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 16

Post by Tom »

Arrgh! You people carrying your DLSRs into the woods! :x I've been TRYING to not bring a DSLR, and keep it light, but darn those photos are so nice..

It was fun to see the inside of the ranger meeting room where you waited. I spied the poster on the wall, and realized it's the one comissioned by the NPS from Charley Harper. My wife picked me up a reprint this Christmas. (http://charleyharperartstudio.com/shop/ ... IsleRoyale)

Great photos. It's definitely got my brain ready for a new season! Come on, spring! Thanks for sharing!
BlackCoffee
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 3

Post by BlackCoffee »

Wonderful photos! Thank you for posting them.
Rafiki
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 7

Post by Rafiki »

Can't seem to access the link. Do you have an updated link available?
343.1 Miles Hiked: 2004 (3 Days), 2010 (11 Days), 2011 (13 Days), 2012 X 2 (8 + 12 Days), 2013 (9 Days/Paddling), 2019 (30 Days/Paddling)
fishmonger
NewbieCake

Post by fishmonger »

new version on Flickr, should the original site not work:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/26807139@ ... 9664349166
trailgoat_70
NewbieCake

Post by trailgoat_70 »

Beautiful photos, fishmonger. Love the Moskey Basin shots. Thanks for posting.
"I am a happy camper so I guess I’m doing something right."

- Henry David Thoreau
churchill330
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 8

Post by churchill330 »

Awesome pictures. I could almost feel in chill in the air in some of them. Can you tell me what camera you use. I'm looking to upgrade my camera for my August trip this year.
fishmonger
NewbieCake

Post by fishmonger »

just realized the flickr album isn't complete. Will be updating that over the next few weeks as I dig through my files for the latest versions of those other days. Until then, I guess the original link posted at the top is where everything is located.

Real reason I came to the site is to find out if anyone knows if there's a "last boat of 2015" opportunity like back in 2012 - I'm considering to go back this October if there's a way to get on and off the island at the very end of the season. In 2012, we had 6 hikers on the ship that was really already part of the shutdown of operations for the season, and of those 6 only 4 actually went on the island. There's nothing on the web site, so I guess I better call the park office.