All National Park maps available for free online.

Got some trip suggestions at another National Park, or know of a great place in the middle of no where? Share them here, plan your trips, and hook up with other individuals on the forum.

Moderator: alecto73

johnhens
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 34

All National Park maps available for free online.

Post by johnhens »

Came across this, thought some here could use this for trips elsewhere.
http://www.tetongravity.com/story/cultu ... lot-easier
Midwest Ed
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 8

Re: All National Park maps available for free online.

Post by Midwest Ed »

Thanks John. Will come in handy since I just received my lifetime senior National Parks pass. It was only $10 and available at age 62. That's right, I'm officially an old Geezer at national parks and at least of couple of restaurants around town. Even though I lived in the U.P. for 4 years I've never been to Pictured Rocks. Beginning July 25th I'm on a different type of adventure this summer. Four days of a guided geoheritage tour throughout the Keweenaw, then 6 days of running around and camping the Keweenaw and the U.P. in a rented SUV ending with 3 days at my 40th reunion at Michigan Tech. One of the reunion activities is a meet and greet with Dr. Vucetich. Another is a tour/luncheon aboard the Ranger III.
8 trips, 1975 x 2, 1976 x 2, 1978, 1985, 2000, 2013
jerry
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Post by jerry »

Tell me more about this senior National Parks pass. I've got ten years on you.
Midwest Ed
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 8

Post by Midwest Ed »

jerry wrote:Tell me more about this senior National Parks pass. I've got ten years on you.
It's a one time fee (lifetime) of $10 for anyone 62 and older, that covers the entry fee at over 2000 Federal sites - National Parks, Monuments, Historical sites, Wilderness areas, Forests, etc. (plus S & H if you get it through the mail, $20 total including pass if first class mail is used.) It took about 2 weeks to get mine. It usually does NOT cover special daily user fees that are most commonly camping fees, etc. The $4 per day at IR or more $ at other places is not covered but at some other places the pass is good for a discount. It also covers the vehicle entry fee and a maximum of 3 additional adults accompanying you in your car. It's basically the equivalent of the $80 annual fee for non-geezers). It does not cover anything at IR but I think it's a great deal. You have to scan or photocopy or take a picture of your driver's license or other acceptable photo I.D and email it during online purchase. You can avoid the S & H and buy at the entrance gate of many places. I just wasn't sure if the first place I visited would be able issue it or how long it might take.

Overview FAQ

Store
8 trips, 1975 x 2, 1976 x 2, 1978, 1985, 2000, 2013
bobcat
Bushwacker

Post by bobcat »

At a lot of drive-in parks, the Senior pass gets you 50% off the camping fee too - so, for instance at the Grand Canyon, the Senior Pass covers entry fee plus half the camping fee. Well worth the bother of getting it!