About the "Other Places and Parks" subforum

Got some trip suggestions at another National Park, or know of a great place in the middle of no where? Share them here, plan your trips, and hook up with other individuals on the forum.

Moderator: alecto73

fonixmunkee
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 18

About the "Other Places and Parks" subforum

Post by fonixmunkee »

At the request of a few individuals on the board, we've made a subforum for you to share or gather info on places other than Isle Royale.

Great uses for this sub forum are:

* You've gone to a place other than Isle Royale and want to share your trip report or pictures.
* You're going to head somewhere else other than Isle Royale and you want know if anyone here has been there.
* Sharing a good site about another national park, or another national park-related forum website.

The possibilities are endless, just try to keep the subjects on this topic...enjoy!
philranger
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 9

Re: About the "Other Places and Parks" subforum

Post by philranger »

Yosemite? Anyone ever been there? I would like to backpack this Park sometime in my life, but where to go? what to see? I've heard the bears are very aggressive. Is there any web sites that can help out a newbie in the right direction?
Isle Royale Trips: 2005-RH to Windigo via Greenstone. 2006-McCargoe Cove to Chippewa Harbor. 2007-RH to Daisy Farm and back. 2008-Feltmann loop. 2009-McCargoe Cove to Chippewa Harbor. 2013-Minong Ridge. 2014-Windigo+Huginnin Cove. 2015-Lookout Louise to LC to DF to MB. 2018-McCargoe to Todd to HL to Malone Bay. 2021-Windigo/Huginnin. 2022-RH-DF-MB-CH
johnhens
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 34

Post by johnhens »

philranger wrote:Yosemite? Anyone ever been there? I would like to backpack this Park sometime in my life, but where to go? what to see? I've heard the bears are very aggressive. Is there any web sites that can help out a newbie in the right direction?
Wally,
Try Backpacker.com. Go to the Souhtwest section for starters. Good helpful folks there. I know a ranger for the Forest Service in CA who could probably help too.
http://forums.backpacker.com/cgi-bin/fo ... nboard.cgi
John
philranger
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 9

Post by philranger »

Thanks John.

What are you doing on-line at 3:41 a.m. ???? Shouldn't you be sleeping?
Isle Royale Trips: 2005-RH to Windigo via Greenstone. 2006-McCargoe Cove to Chippewa Harbor. 2007-RH to Daisy Farm and back. 2008-Feltmann loop. 2009-McCargoe Cove to Chippewa Harbor. 2013-Minong Ridge. 2014-Windigo+Huginnin Cove. 2015-Lookout Louise to LC to DF to MB. 2018-McCargoe to Todd to HL to Malone Bay. 2021-Windigo/Huginnin. 2022-RH-DF-MB-CH
johnhens
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 34

Post by johnhens »

philranger wrote:Thanks John.

What are you doing on-line at 3:41 a.m. ???? Shouldn't you be sleeping?
Apparently, I was snoring and was woken up out of sound sleep to be advised as such. I couldn't go back to sleep. :)