Good Trail Food site

Discuss food & groceries, share recipes, and other backcountry cooking & food-related topics here!

Moderator: hooky

upnorthjeeper
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 1

Good Trail Food site

Post by upnorthjeeper »

Packit Gourmet
http://packitgourmet.com/

They have a great selection ranging from serving sized condiments (like www.minimus.biz) to their own pre-made freeze dried custom meals. They also have cooking gear and cleaning supplies. I ordered some dry sausage and a few cheese blocks on my first order for Isle Royale. It seems like they are always adding new items. They are a family owned company out of Austin, TX. Members of groups like the Military, Students, Scouts and NPS get discounts too!

The site is very informative, I suggest checking it out.
"Imagine living your life without being afraid to take a risk and to explore life."
-Don Miguel Ruiz
Tampico
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 4

Re: Good Trail Food site

Post by Tampico »

Freeze-dried Okra! Win!
Tampico
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 4

Post by Tampico »

Here's another. I don't normally take spices camping with me, apart from S&P, but it's a great idea.

http://www.smart-spice.com/index.aspx
michigandave
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 1

Post by michigandave »

Try the "Bangers and Mash" from Pack-it Gourmet. Best rehydrated potatoes in the world!!! I also liked the berry-berry breakfast smoothies, but my daughter thought they tasted more like crumbs in dirty water. Tons of protein too. For cocktails, the moonshine margarita and the mudslide were very well received on our recent trip to the Porkies. Wish we would have bought more!