Best lunch ideas

Discuss food & groceries, share recipes, and other backcountry cooking & food-related topics here!

Moderator: hooky

DonNewcomb
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 1

Re: Best lunch ideas

Post by DonNewcomb »

zims wrote:You really don't get as hungry as you think you would.
Speak for yourself. :P
Ingo
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Post by Ingo »

Keweenaw wrote:Theoretically a salt cured, smoked ham would be OK for a very long time, but I wouldn't trust it.
Bob, come on down and try some good ole country ham! Besides getting your sodium intake for a month :( , you'll develop some trust for it :D .
22: BI-PC-BI-RH, 21: RH-ML-DF-MB-DF, 18: MC-PC-BI-DB-RH-DF, 17: WI-IM-SB-FL-WC, 16: RH-CI-TI-RH, 14: BI-ML-CI-CH-MB, 13: RH-PI, 12: MC-CB-HL-TH, 11: WC-HC-WC, 09: MC-BI-DN-RH, 05: MI-CI-MB-DF-RH-TM-RH, 02: MC-LR-WL-CH, 01: BI-DB-RH, 79: worked RH
hanna8425
NewbieCake

Post by hanna8425 »

This is a super easy, tasty, and suprisingly light weight lunch or dinner.
Serves 2:
Divide one package ramen noodles between 2 pint freezer bags. (save the flavor pack for another day).
Add 1/4 c freeze dried mixed veggies to each bag.
In a separate bag, pack 2 salad dressing packets (Italian is our favorite) and 2 packets of parmesan.
About 30-45 minutes before ready to eat, add water to the noodles to cover and hydrate. To serve, drain any excess H2O, add the cheese and dressing.
If you want, you can also carry pepperoni or sausage to add to the salad, or chunk chees rather than grated.
Really a great, fresh taste!
We used this for lunch on an 8 day hike, and saved a second portion as lunch on the Voyager II on the way back from Rock Harbor.
akaito
NewbieCake

Post by akaito »

something heavy to have strength to continue the all day work..

usually cook.. coz I enjoy preparing food for my self...

though it would be better to eat with someone or somebody around...
it will give you the appetite to eat...

right....