No steel/glass regulation?

Discuss food & groceries, share recipes, and other backcountry cooking & food-related topics here!

Moderator: hooky

eliotski
NewbieCake

No steel/glass regulation?

Post by eliotski »

Can anyone advise on whether there are food regs on the island regarding containers? We often travel in wilderness areas where everything must be in plastic. If I dont have to be so strict on the packaging, I may get a bit more creative with the menu. We are paddling so weight is not as critical as it is for backpackers.
Ingo
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Re: No steel/glass regulation?

Post by Ingo »

I don't know of any restrictions other than pack it in, pack it out and leave no trace. Didn't find anything else on the NPS website. They do ask that you carry and dispose of your trash on the mainland, since there is a cost for them in transporting trash.
22: BI-PC-BI-RH, 21: RH-ML-DF-MB-DF, 18: MC-PC-BI-DB-RH-DF, 17: WI-IM-SB-FL-WC, 16: RH-CI-TI-RH, 14: BI-ML-CI-CH-MB, 13: RH-PI, 12: MC-CB-HL-TH, 11: WC-HC-WC, 09: MC-BI-DN-RH, 05: MI-CI-MB-DF-RH-TM-RH, 02: MC-LR-WL-CH, 01: BI-DB-RH, 79: worked RH
eliotski
NewbieCake

Re: No steel/glass regulation?

Post by eliotski »

Thanks for the info. Im off to tweek the menu! I forsee some trail pizza and maybe even a beer in our future! :mrgreen: