Lodging for 6 Copper Harbor

Questions about how to get to the island and where to stay near points of departure.

Moderator: dmdhiker

colvinch
LNT Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 4

Lodging for 6 Copper Harbor

Post by colvinch »

Going to be going to IR in August we usually stay at the pines in one of the cottages that has multiple rooms with multiple beds but there is a wedding up there the weekend we are going and are all booked up.

We would like to stay at a place that has similar accommodations so all 6 can stay together to save on some money and then we can all get up and going at the same time. Anybody have suggestions for a similar place in Copper Harbor
Keweenaw
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 30

Re: Lodging for 6 Copper Harbor

Post by Keweenaw »

Hi Colvinch,

Cabins in Copper Harbor:

http://www.keweenaw.info/locations_11_c ... tages.aspx

Scroll down to the Copper Harbor section.

Bob
My leatherwork is available through my Etsy shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop/BirchCreekLeather
tfoster
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 1

Re: Lodging for 6 Copper Harbor

Post by tfoster »

We're a family of 6 and have made reservations at Bella Vista Motel for the night before we head to Isle Royale and for the night we get back. We originally wanted one of their cabins, but they require a minimum 2-night stay. Instead, we ended up in the Isle Royale House. Units 1 and 4 are divided up into two rooms, with a queen size bed in each. We'll sleep 3 in each bed, which will be fine us since our three youngest are still relatively small. They have very reasonable rates, even with the $5 extra per person (regardless of age) over double occupancy. I was also happy that when I called, someone answered right away and was extremely pleasant and helpful.