Concerning Time Zones and Voyageur II Schedule

Questions about how to get to the island and where to stay near points of departure.

Moderator: dmdhiker

trailgoat_70
NewbieCake

Concerning Time Zones and Voyageur II Schedule

Post by trailgoat_70 »

I'll be taking the Voyageur II out of Daisy Farm to Malone Bay on the third day of my trip in mid-July. Schedule says pickup at 7:30AM. If my memory serves me correctly from my last trip in '09, the Voyageur operates on Central Time? So, an 8:30AM pickup according to my EST-set watch? I'd hate to miss that boat ride! :?
"I am a happy camper so I guess I’m doing something right."

- Henry David Thoreau
tree rattt
May actually live on IR

Re: Concerning Time Zones and Voyageur II Schedule

Post by tree rattt »

Yup...sounds right???? The sighn board at daisey says 9:30 :) I just went through this last week. I still dont have a good answer.The closest we came up with was 8:30 .I dont wear a watch or anything of the sort.I woke up at daybreak and was ready to board soon after.Just hung out at the dock and shot the breeze with other folks that were just as confused as we were ;) , oh and you are welcome for the long winded answer that didn't help ;)
IncaRoads
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Post by IncaRoads »

Since the Voyageur II operates out of Grand Portage MN, it uses Central Daylight Time (CDT).

Refer to the following link for pickup and dropoff times at various locations around the island --> http://www.isleroyaleboats.com/schedule.asp
Nym90
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 2

Post by Nym90 »

One advantage of the Voyageur using Central time is that those who mistakenly think they use Eastern time will arrive an hour early, as opposed to missing the boat if the opposite were true.
fonixmunkee
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 18

Post by fonixmunkee »

The VII always operates on Central time where ever they are on the island. Each pick-up spot for the VII states this on the camp bulletin board, along with pick-up times. You shouldn't miss a boat...unless you oversleep...
trailgoat_70
NewbieCake

Post by trailgoat_70 »

Thank you all for your assistance. I'd forgotten they post the times on the camp bulletin boards. I'm always early to the dock and wouldn't think of missing this little boat ride to Malone! :)
"I am a happy camper so I guess I’m doing something right."

- Henry David Thoreau