Water Taxi Reservations trouble

Questions about how to get to the island and where to stay near points of departure.

Moderator: dmdhiker

3curlgreenhead
NewbieCake

Water Taxi Reservations trouble

Post by 3curlgreenhead »

Has anyone else had trouble getting a water taxi reservation? I called 2 weeks ago and nobody answered the phone. So I called again last Monday, they took my information and told me that someone would call me back with a quote. Never happeded. So I called again on Wednesday, again they took my information and told me that someone would call me back with a quote. Never happeded. So I called again yesterday, for a fourth time, they took my information, apologized for not getting back with me and told me that someone would call me back with a quote. Still nothing. Normally I don't schedule our entire trip and we go with the flow, but we are due to arrive in 2.5 weeks and this is the last thing we need for our family trip. I figured a month out would be plenty of tim
Any help or suggestions?
torpified
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 6

Re: Water Taxi Reservations trouble

Post by torpified »

Keep trying! This past week was the first one the concessions on IR were fully operationally, which might have made it an unusually busy time for the home office.
Ingo
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Post by Ingo »

It seems that every year someone has a similar experience, but things get resolved in the end. Patient persistence seems to pay off.
22: BI-PC-BI-RH, 21: RH-ML-DF-MB-DF, 18: MC-PC-BI-DB-RH-DF, 17: WI-IM-SB-FL-WC, 16: RH-CI-TI-RH, 14: BI-ML-CI-CH-MB, 13: RH-PI, 12: MC-CB-HL-TH, 11: WC-HC-WC, 09: MC-BI-DN-RH, 05: MI-CI-MB-DF-RH-TM-RH, 02: MC-LR-WL-CH, 01: BI-DB-RH, 79: worked RH
3curlgreenhead
NewbieCake

Post by 3curlgreenhead »

Thanks, I'll give it until tomorrow, then try it again.
3curlgreenhead
NewbieCake

Post by 3curlgreenhead »

Persistance Pays Off! Got my reservation, breathing easier now! :D