Houghton to Copper Harbor - No Car

Questions about how to get to the island and where to stay near points of departure.

Moderator: dmdhiker

iLikeMike
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 0

Houghton to Copper Harbor - No Car

Post by iLikeMike »

Howdy -

I'm hiking IR later this month and after that will be hiking across America - UP down to Key West (I hiked California to Delaware last year). Question: since I won't have a car, how can I get from Houghton to Copper Harbor where I'll start the mainland portion of my hike?

Thanks in advance.
Ingo
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Re: Houghton to Copper Harbor - No Car

Post by Ingo »

Try Copper Country Limo https://coppercountrylimo.com/
There have been discussions on the forum--you may find other options if you search, but this is the one I remember being suggested.
Good luck on your journey! How does I.R. fit in?
22: BI-PC-BI-RH, 21: RH-ML-DF-MB-DF, 18: MC-PC-BI-DB-RH-DF, 17: WI-IM-SB-FL-WC, 16: RH-CI-TI-RH, 14: BI-ML-CI-CH-MB, 13: RH-PI, 12: MC-CB-HL-TH, 11: WC-HC-WC, 09: MC-BI-DN-RH, 05: MI-CI-MB-DF-RH-TM-RH, 02: MC-LR-WL-CH, 01: BI-DB-RH, 79: worked RH
iLikeMike
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 0

Post by iLikeMike »

Thanks for the info. As to how IR fits in, my original plan was to simply start at Copper Harbor. However, when I looked at Isle Royale I remembered back to Key West in the 90's when I visited Fort Jefferson in the Dry Tortugas about 70 miles off the keys and thought it would be interesting to start my walk on an island (IR) and end it on an island (Fort Jefferson).

If you see some crazy guy with a backpack walking down the Keweenaw in late July/early August and across the UP after that - that's me. Stop and say hi. 😊

If you'd like to watch the journey (as well as last year's), you can go to:
www.iLikeMike.com
or
www.YouTube.com/iLikeMike
mean_ass_raccoon
NewbieCake

Post by mean_ass_raccoon »

dude, youre a madman. you got a social?