HELP! Voyageur spots for this Saturday.

Questions about how to get to the island and where to stay near points of departure.

Moderator: dmdhiker

philranger
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 9

HELP! Voyageur spots for this Saturday.

Post by philranger »

HELP!

I'm planning on coming to Isle Royale this Saturday 9/5/09. I had 4 people paid for travel on the Voyageur II, leaving out of Grand Portage. Yesterday I learned 2 of them are backing out, leaving me with 2 spots on the VII. I called the Grand Portage Boat line today and was told, they don't give refunds within 2 weeks of departure.

I'm still coming, but if you want a spot on the VII for this Saturday, let me know. Otherwise, my friends are out $160 each. You would still have to pay the $4 per day park fee for your stay. You would be free to travel anywhere on the island. We are paid to McCargo Cove with pick up at Chippewa Harbor on Thursday 9/10/09.

I know this is late notice, but it is over the Labor Day weekend and it is Isle Royale. If you can help me out, let me know through the forum or my email: wmeyer@cityofmadison.com

Thanks,

Wally
Isle Royale Trips: 2005-RH to Windigo via Greenstone. 2006-McCargoe Cove to Chippewa Harbor. 2007-RH to Daisy Farm and back. 2008-Feltmann loop. 2009-McCargoe Cove to Chippewa Harbor. 2013-Minong Ridge. 2014-Windigo+Huginnin Cove. 2015-Lookout Louise to LC to DF to MB. 2018-McCargoe to Todd to HL to Malone Bay. 2021-Windigo/Huginnin. 2022-RH-DF-MB-CH