SeatoSummit 10 Liter Folding Bucket

Questions about equipment and supplies to bring on a trip (including reviews).

Moderator: hooky

frdm02
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 1

SeatoSummit 10 Liter Folding Bucket

Post by frdm02 »

has any one used this bucket? It is so super light and folds pretty small. Just wondering if it springs leaks quickly or has proven dependable. Thinking I may want to pack it for hauling water both backpacking and kayaking. Here is a link for photo and price info http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___83098
Tightlines01
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 7

Re: SeatoSummit 10 Liter Folding Bucket

Post by Tightlines01 »

Never leave home without it! I have the 20 liter one (and would recommend that one as it will haul a little more water for you). Typically well just fill the bucket when we get to camp and pump right from it. Beats the snot out of standing in the water or laying on the dock to fill bottles.

I like the 20L one as I'll too everything off and still have water for the morning or whatever with one bucket, which is nice to only have to get water once when it's cold. On a side note, I like to tie a short piece of 550 cord to the handle and tie it up to a tree branch or picnic table or shelter arm or something to keep it from falling over. It can be a bit unsteady if the ground isn't flat, however I'd hate to not have it with me.

Andy
Lucky Chicken
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 1

Post by Lucky Chicken »

Agree with the tie it up or hang it, because it will fall over! I never go anywhere without it. It is supper handy to haul water, helps let the silt settle out before you filter, and makes an easy place to wash up. I prefer the 10L version... we usually have 2 in our group and with two small buckets it is easier to carry up the hills one in each hand for a more balanced load.

On solo trips or small groups I just bring one... 10 L is plenty for a night for 2 people!
tree rattt
May actually live on IR

Post by tree rattt »

I like the idea of a collapsable bucket for water sounds pretty cool.when it was nice out i just put the silnylon pack cover to double duty.....holds more water than i can carry. But when kayaking that is where it woud be nice.we usually fill up out away from the shore, that eliminates most sediment problems as well as eliminating gas and oil slick problems when near docks and high traffic areas.so an extra bucket could come in handy! ( i have never seen this issue on the isle royal but in the apostle islands it is a regular problem with oil slick)
alecto73
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 2

Post by alecto73 »

When I used a pump filter I used one. Makes a big difference to be able to pick where I was doing the pumping. Now I don't pump anymore but the bucket was pretty cool, just be careful how you set it down and don't expect to get 10 liters in it. Still have it ... somewhere?
|| Jess ||