2021 Hiking Trip Plan Windigo to RH - looking for feedback & suggestions

Questions about trails and campsites on the island.

Moderator: MikeT

kolo
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 11

Re: 2021 Hiking Trip Plan Windigo to RH - looking for feedback & suggestions

Post by kolo »

The registration was still active in 2017 although it's airworthiness appears in doubt.
Ed, seeing that picture and reading your post reminded of why I went skydiving a while back! At the airport I flew out of, there was a plane with its nose planted into the ground and a sign that said "Learn to skydive, it could save your life." I wish I could find a picture of it.
glitch99
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 1

Post by glitch99 »

Ed - that's a great find! I think my dad took a few more pictures of the float planes in '84. I'll scan and post a few more next time I'm over there.
Kolo - no apologies needed. I'm the noob that came here looking for advice and I got plenty, so all of you veterans can chat about anything you'd like! Thank YOU for being a teacher! That's a calling, not just a job, and one for which I'd never have the patience. I suspect you're right that this won't be my only trip back to IR, but with so many great places to explore throughout the US, you never know.
84 WC-FL-SB-DS-HL-DF-RH
21 Win-FL-SB-DS-TH-MC-LC-RH
thesneakymonkey
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 3

Post by thesneakymonkey »

I am a big fan of going west to east. We enjoyed that direction immensely. I prefer ending at the quiet solitude of windigo instead of the hustle bustle of rock harbor. Dont get me wrong, we love both ends but the west is where it is at. That said, your plan listed above looks great. We enjoyed both our stays at McCargoe Cove. I wouldn't pass it up given the opportunity to stay there again. West Chickenbone is also great. Your pictures are awesome!
IncaRoads
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Post by IncaRoads »

Please ignore this post. It is an artifact of some moderation duties gone awry. Don't know for sure if it was user error or wonky forum software.

Continue along with the discussion of the glitch99 2021 Hiking Plans as appropriate.