2021 First Trip Itinerary

Questions about trails and campsites on the island.

Moderator: MikeT

markcw4747
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 1

2021 First Trip Itinerary

Post by markcw4747 »

Hi All,
I'm brand new to the site, and will be new to the island. But very excited about it. I'm looking to begin a conversation for the proposed Trip itinerary listed below. I'm confident this seed of a post will grow with everyone's experience and knowledge.

6-6-21 fly 8am to Isle Royal Rock Harbor Hike to Lane Cove camp for night
6-7-21 hike from Lane Cove to Daisy Farm camp for night
6-8-21 hike from Daisy Farm to Rock Harbor Lodge for the night
6-9-21 hang around Rock Harbor for the day and fly 5pm back to Hancock

Thanks in advance
thesneakymonkey
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 3

Re: 2021 First Trip Itinerary

Post by thesneakymonkey »

sounds like a great first trip. Might as well start planning your second trip now, youll be back ;)
Ingo
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Re: 2021 First Trip Itinerary

Post by Ingo »

Looks a good trip. Have a backup plan if the plane gets significantly delayed--it is the most susceptible to weather delays including fog on the island. But you'll have lots of daylight that time of year. You'll have a sharp descent into, and then a good climb out of Lane Cove--that will be the hardest part of that route. Bugs can start to get bad around then--hopefully you'll be early enough but be prepared with headnets and bug dope. And do the hike out to Scoville Pt on the last day--may be the prettiest hike on the island.
22: BI-PC-BI-RH, 21: RH-ML-DF-MB-DF, 18: MC-PC-BI-DB-RH-DF, 17: WI-IM-SB-FL-WC, 16: RH-CI-TI-RH, 14: BI-ML-CI-CH-MB, 13: RH-PI, 12: MC-CB-HL-TH, 11: WC-HC-WC, 09: MC-BI-DN-RH, 05: MI-CI-MB-DF-RH-TM-RH, 02: MC-LR-WL-CH, 01: BI-DB-RH, 79: worked RH