Any good shore-fishing locations?

Questions about water transportation and fishing on the island.

Moderators: Ingo, johnhens

Bigmagee77
NewbieCake

Any good shore-fishing locations?

Post by Bigmagee77 »

I'm planning a trip in mid June and really like to know of any good shore-fishing areas. I'm really interested in perch or walleye. If anybody has any good spots they'd like to share, I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks in advance!
Kevinl
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 0

Re: Any good shore-fishing locations?

Post by Kevinl »

Shore fishing I've found the best luck wading out a ways, past the reeds. There is a book called Fishes of Isle Royale. I think the Greenstone (annual park newspaper) lists what fish are supposedly in what lakes.
Ingo
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Post by Ingo »

Kevinl wrote:I think the Greenstone (annual park newspaper) lists what fish are supposedly in what lakes.
There's an .xls spreadsheet you can download from NPS site, http://www.nps.gov/isro/planyourvisit/brochures.htm
Just click "Fish List in Inland Lakes". Don't remember if the same info is the Greenstone, but you can also download that on the same page.
Can't help much on shore locations, as I've always been in a canoe (and not much of a fisherman anyways).
22: BI-PC-BI-RH, 21: RH-ML-DF-MB-DF, 18: MC-PC-BI-DB-RH-DF, 17: WI-IM-SB-FL-WC, 16: RH-CI-TI-RH, 14: BI-ML-CI-CH-MB, 13: RH-PI, 12: MC-CB-HL-TH, 11: WC-HC-WC, 09: MC-BI-DN-RH, 05: MI-CI-MB-DF-RH-TM-RH, 02: MC-LR-WL-CH, 01: BI-DB-RH, 79: worked RH
robin621
LNT Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 5

Post by robin621 »

Any inland lake is awesome for shore fishing. Feel free to wade out a bit. Lake Ritchie, Intermediate and Wood Lake are my favorites.