Yakclips

Questions about water transportation and fishing on the island.

Moderators: Ingo, johnhens

johnhens
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 34

Yakclips

Post by johnhens »

We ordered yakclips, which hold the paddle out of the way (hopefully), and hold an extra rod. We'll let you know how they work!!
http://www.yakpads.com/yakclips.htm
moss13
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 3

Re: Yakclips

Post by moss13 »

Sounds good. I may have to try those. Will they hold a six pack of beer? :D
"The Island Is Calling"
johnhens
Forum Moderator

Post by johnhens »

moss13 wrote:Sounds good. I may have to try those. Will they hold a six pack of beer? :D
I don't know if they will, but I certainly will oblige you and lend a "hand" in keeping your beer "safe". Of course I cannot be held responsible for any bottles that show up empty. :D
moss13
Trailblazer

Post by moss13 »

Ha Ha John. Well if I ever meet you out on the island somewhere I would share a beer if I actually did that. Keeping it cold would be the tricky part. Of course I would never drink and then paddle but after a long day and relaxing back at a campsite, a cold beer with some fresh fish would be great!
"The Island Is Calling"
johnhens
Forum Moderator

Post by johnhens »

moss13 wrote:Ha Ha John. Well if I ever meet you out on the island somewhere I would share a beer if I actually did that. Keeping it cold would be the tricky part. Of course I would never drink and then paddle but after a long day and relaxing back at a campsite, a cold beer with some fresh fish would be great!
Didn't you get a new 'yak?

We bring a 3L "bag" of wine, though at the store all I saw were 5L bags (boxes). Happy Sunday, we are dehydrating away today!!

We are to overnite at Rock Harbor, we may bring Brats to cook on the grill there. And Beer.
moss13
Trailblazer

Post by moss13 »

I have a 17' Perception Eclipse that I have had 3 years. I like it as it has a rudder. I like my kevlar wenonah Escape too but would like to kayak at IR too.
I really enjoyed using my dehydrater this summer and will make lots of use of it in future trips.

Oh, and if you end up paddling out to Menagerie Island from Malone Bay, let me know how it was, distance and how long in time it took you. I have always wanted to check out that lighthouse in person. Glad you will be dropped off at Wright Island. You did not sound happy at all about the Malone Dock closing and I don't blame you one bit. That was pretty poor to notify only a week ahead of time when most of us plan our trips over the winter months.

And of course, take LOTS of pictures!
"The Island Is Calling"
niners
LNT Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 17

Post by niners »

Ordered these after hearing about them from John and got to use them on last week's trip. IMO they worked great.
johnhens
Forum Moderator

Post by johnhens »

niners wrote:Ordered these after hearing about them from John and got to use them on last week's trip. IMO they worked great.
I agree with niners' assessment of yak clips, they worked great!!