Amygdaloid Lake?

Questions about water transportation and fishing on the island.

Moderators: Ingo, johnhens

glennS
NewbieCake

Amygdaloid Lake?

Post by glennS »

So, not many people have much to say about Amygdaloid Island except for the arch. I was wondering if anyone out there has tried to fish it. Based on the little information I could find on the web and this lil' forum, it looks like the lake is accessible through a trail that goes by the arch. There's also talk of a hidden canoe near the entrance to the lake...

I proposed to my fiance last summer on the summit of Amygdaloid Island, but we never saw the arch on the way up. Parked on a small pebble beach, pushed through some trees, and after a little climbing walked along the ridge. We didn't check out the Cove or Amygdaloid lake, either.

We are coming back this summer and thought it might be fun to explore the island a little more. And, if it's worth the time, bring my fishing gear and give Amygdaloid Lake a try.

Are there any fish in there? Anyone have any information that I might not be thinking about asking?
johnhens
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 34

Re: Amygdaloid Lake?

Post by johnhens »

Welcome to the Forums and congrats on the engagement!! We have fished Amygdaloid a few times. Pike, nothing big. Hard to fish from shore as the trees are thick. A friend got his canoe in (wiped the hull down to prevent transfer of possible invasives). Nothing big out of there. If there is a canoe there it is probably an employee boat.