- Forum Moderator
- Posts: 1612
- Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:10 pm
- Isle Royale Visits: 33
- Location: Big Rock, IL
http://greatlakesecho.org/2017/08/29/la ... r-clarity/
- IR Expert
- Posts: 1094
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:25 am
- Isle Royale Visits: 8
- Location: Quad Cities, IL
1) Michigan and Huron are improving due to a reduction in agriculture run off. They both have a level of agriculture run off that that the Superior drainage basin has never seen so this factor is just getting them back to where they used to be along side Superior.
2) A further increase in clarity of the lower Lakes is also due to the filtration coming from the new invasive mussels.
Ecologically, too much clarity can be just as bad as too little.