First Trip Report

Reports or links to reports on trips.

Moderator: Tom

kfinnguy
LNT Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 1

First Trip Report

Post by kfinnguy »

Sorry I haven't been on for a while, I've been busy. I lost some of my trip report when the notebook got wet.

6/22: Rock Harbor to Daisy Farm (7.2 Miles)
Met someone from Painesville on the boat, its a small world. Hiked to Daisy Farm. Went to bed early.

6/23: Daisy to McCargoe Cove (8.4 Miles)
This was by far the roughest day. We saw some beautiful scenery on top of the Greenstone. Between East Chickenbone and McCargoe we saw a moose track and some poop. There was a broken trail board over a marsh I suspect a moose caused. We stopped at minong and explored. The loons were very active there. We had a nice campfire and talked with other people staying there.

6/24: McCargoe to Moskey Basin (10.4 Miles)
It rained the previous night and taking the indian portage trail, we got soaked. It would eventually do my camera's screen in by the end of the trip. We stopped for a nice lunch of Ramen at Lake Richy and talked with a nice Park Volunteer. Then we arrived at moskey and were fortunate enough to get a shelter. It was by far the most beautiful camp we've been to. The ducks and small mammals were very lively at Moskey.

6/25: Moskey to Rock Harbor (12.9 Miles)
This was the least eventful stretch of our trip. Between Moskey and Daisy the Hares and Squirrels were very active. Stopped for a snack at three mile. Met with a guy from McCargoe and said he saw a moose between daisy and 3 mile which is where we say some tracks. It was nice to get some potato chips and soda inside me.

6/26: We leave for Home and have some Pizza at the Ambassador Restaurant in Houghton.
"The core of mans' spirit comes from new experiences."
— Chris McCandless
johnhens
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 34

Re: First Trip Report

Post by johnhens »

Glad your first visit went well, Moskey is indeed one of my favorite places anywhere!!