Better late than never??

Reports or links to reports on trips.

Moderator: Tom

Backpacker534
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 9

Better late than never??

Post by Backpacker534 »

Well, I returned from my 2010 Isle Royale hike at the end of May but it took me until last week to complete my trip report. It seems that every year it takes me longer and longer to complete. Life is just too busy, I guess. Well, for anyone who is interested in reading my Feldtmann Loop / Huginnin Cove hike, here is the link http://briansplace.ynt1.com/backpack/20 ... 10ir_1.php. It's somewhat lengthy since it's not actually posted here on the forum but, that's the way I tend to write. Hope you enjoy!
Tom
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 16

Re: Better late than never??

Post by Tom »

Brian -
Thanks for the great read. I remember calling you just after I got back from my "first boat" trip, telling you how #@$*&^ cold the Isle was, and how the weather was so-so. I'm so jealous of the warmth you experienced! I still have to get a trip report for my fall trip completed, so don't feel bad. Better late than never!
You described very well that anxious feeling you get when approaching a shelter after a long day on trail. While I'm totally ready to pitch the tent, there is something comforting about finding an open shelter..

Thanks!
Backpacker534
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 9

Post by Backpacker534 »

I remember the call well, Tom. And I was wondering if we were going to get some of the same weather you had. What a difference a few days makes. I'll be looking for your trip report sometime in the future. I'd love to read how your "first boat" trip went. Take care and happy writing. :D
Tampico
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 4

Post by Tampico »

Nice report. Thanks.
PatrickBDunlap
LNT Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 1

Post by PatrickBDunlap »

Ha, my wife and I had rain, cold, grey skies, and the only wildlife we saw was a camp squirrel. Oh well, maybe next time. Thank you for the great trip report. Will have to look for the lounge at the cove when we go.