Again.....

Reports or links to reports on trips.

Moderator: Tom

drobarge
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 24

Again.....

Post by drobarge »

Off to the island for my 2nd trip this year! Headed to Copper Hbr tonite & riding the Queen in the morning. Life is good.
Richard1961
LNT Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 1

Re: Again.....

Post by Richard1961 »

:D Have fun, Stay safe, and remember it didn't happen till you post the info and pictures here. Richard
Rafiki
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 7

Post by Rafiki »

Life is good.
Ya...life should be good when you have the time and money to constantly go to Isle Royale within one month of your last trip :roll: State the obvious much? :lol: Hope you have a great time. Can't wait to see the pictures :wink:
343.1 Miles Hiked: 2004 (3 Days), 2010 (11 Days), 2011 (13 Days), 2012 X 2 (8 + 12 Days), 2013 (9 Days/Paddling), 2019 (30 Days/Paddling)
drobarge
Bushwacker

Post by drobarge »

Sitting in my room at the North Port in Copper Hbr. (the lowest rates in town) Forecast is pretty breezey tomorrow so the ride on the Queen should be awesome, they are calling for seas about 5'. My brother is already on the Island with our sailboat "Percheye" I will sail back in a few days aboard our boat. Raining most of the day here with some thunder and lightinig. I guess it's off to the Pines for some beers and maybe a stop at the new Brickhouse Brewery! Ishould draw a few looks and comments in the morning.... Backpack on, laptop case in one hand and a 30 pack of La'Batts beer in the other hand.
drobarge
Bushwacker

Post by drobarge »

Lightning strike 100yds in front of my room window...HELLO!
drobarge
Bushwacker

Post by drobarge »

Got home yesterday from a few days on the Island again. Lots of rain up there and trails were running like rivers. Bugs are out in force in certain areas. I rode the Queen up and returned on my sailboat "percheye". See unsaltedsailing.com and Capt. Paul on facebook Where I have started writing a little about my boating trips.
Spent a couple days exploring Tobin by sailboat and dinghy. seen a few moose in Tobin also. The last night we spent in Chippewa where I met JerryB from the boards. It was a long sail back to Pequamming..14 hrs nonstop but the weather was perfect out on the open lake.
Unfourtunatley my camera got wet on the first night so no pics this time. Looks like I won't get back up until late July-early August :| then hope to get one more hiking trip in September so don't feel to bad for me.