IR-rich blog

Reports or links to reports on trips.

Moderator: Tom

torpified
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 6

IR-rich blog

Post by torpified »

maybe if you've found this forum, you've already run across this blog. (Maybe one of you writes it?) It's got some delightful accounts of Isle Royale trips. If (like me) your hankering for trip reports grows as the winter deepens, check it out!

http://blog.dcclark.net/2017/08/isle-ro ... egins.html
dcclark
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 4

Re: IR-rich blog

Post by dcclark »

Heh, glad you liked it! I never posted a trip report here and thought I shouldn't just link to my blog. This year I visited the island for the second time, and torpified linked to the start of this year's trip log. There are lots of links on the sidebar to other backpacking trips in Michigan.
torpified
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 6

Re: IR-rich blog

Post by torpified »

dcclark wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:52 pm Heh, glad you liked it! I never posted a trip report here and thought I shouldn't just link to my blog.
I love reading trip reports, so I'm easy to please -- but I think your blog is extra-terrific.

I for one wish that people who filed trip reports on their blogs would link to them here. I feel like forums like this are our last, best, hope for centralized repositories of thoughtful and knowledgeable testimony about shared interests. Things like Facebook aren't structured either to serve as repositories or to encourage and reflect thought (as opposed to ephemeral hiccups). Blogs are often wonderfully sustained and informed -- but they're not centralized.

(Also -- GET OFF MY LAWN and I THINK I FEEL A DRAFT IN HERE.O