a plea for trip reports!!

Reports or links to reports on trips.

Moderator: Tom

torpified
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 6

a plea for trip reports!!

Post by torpified »

Trips are happening --- but where are the trip reports?? I fear Facebook is siphoning them off and diluting (NOT distilling) them into a few sentences posted along with an album. If you've been to the island this season, please take mercy on those of us who haven't, and write up an account of your adventures!
chief54
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 30

Re: a plea for trip reports!!

Post by chief54 »

Heading out this Friday for 10 days. Will post report as soon as feasible.
First visit at age 8 in 1963 numerous times since then,last visit 2021, 30+ times
Gigrantor
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 1

Post by Gigrantor »

Our group heads out on Sunday. First trip to the island for all of us. We'll be sure to report back with lots of pictures and stories.
Duffy Moon
LNT Expert

Post by Duffy Moon »

I'm pretty new to these forums, planning my first trip to IR, and I am completely obsessed with reading all the trip reports. So, yes: keep them coming! And the OP (torpified) has written some of the most outstandingly fun reports to read. Thank you for that.
DBYCZ
NewbieCake

Post by DBYCZ »

I will be back from the island on the 7th and can report on the west end then
Spyder1
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 9

Post by Spyder1 »

Just left the island on Memorial Day after 7 great days some cool days some warm days a few light showers weather wise. Best variety of wildlife ever for me in I think in 8 visits 4 moose 3 fox 2 bald eagles great nest on scoville point trail lots of hares and I think a wolf glimpse on that same trail but very quick so I can’t be 100% on that. On the warm days have to report the black flies are starting no mosquitoes for me though. Lane cove Daisy farm Chippewa 2 nights first time there loved it check out trail behind group campsite to ridge top for great views of Lake Mason and Chippewa Moskey Three mile and Rock Harbor Most of trails pretty dry except trail to Chippewa pretty muddy. Isle Royale Seaplanes did another great job of transportation as usual.Time to go back yet? 😄
thesneakymonkey
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 3

Post by thesneakymonkey »

I think that trail to Chippewa is always muddy!
Einsiedler
NewbieCake

Post by Einsiedler »

torpified wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:21 am Trips are happening --- but where are the trip reports?? I fear Facebook is siphoning them off and diluting (NOT distilling) them into a few sentences posted along with an album. If you've been to the island this season, please take mercy on those of us who haven't, and write up an account of your adventures!
Yes, this. Love reading them and hope we start to get some good ones as they’re always interesting and educational.

I won’t be there until mid-August this year but assure you I’ll post a full report upon return...
2017: McCargoe-Todd-Hatchet-Malone
2019: (planned) Rock Harbor-Daisy-W Chickenbone-Hatchet-S Desor-Siskiwit-Feldtmann-Windigo
dcclark
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 4

Post by dcclark »

Just got back from a solo Monday - Friday trip with spectacular weather. It was by far the most social Isle Royale trip I've ever had. I met and hung out with tons of wonderful folks, almost entirely new to the island (it was my 3rd trip).

I'll post a short summary soon and then write long (looooong!) blog posts about each day slowly throughout the summer, with photos. Basically I'll string everyone along. :)
nicky1406
NewbieCake

Post by nicky1406 »

Just got back yesterday! Posted a quick update on the Minong in a previous topic I had started in the Trail Conditions section prior to my trip. And I plan to get a brief yet full TR together soon while the details are still fresh in my mind!
dcclark wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:37 pm I met and hung out with tons of wonderful folks, almost entirely new to the island
Oh hey, Dave! *waves*
Rafiki
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 7

Post by Rafiki »

I am going to the island for a month to do tons of kayaking. Provided that I don’t drown you should get a report from me around August 20th.
343.1 Miles Hiked: 2004 (3 Days), 2010 (11 Days), 2011 (13 Days), 2012 X 2 (8 + 12 Days), 2013 (9 Days/Paddling), 2019 (30 Days/Paddling)