Bucketlist

Reports or links to reports on trips.

Moderator: Tom

Deb842012
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 0

Bucketlist

Post by Deb842012 »

I grew up camping in the UP of Michigan. I have always dreamed of visiting IR and have made plans with my 2 sisters to stay a couple nights in August of 2012. We are all very excited about this. I have been reading Nevada Barr's "Superior Death" and " Winter Study". We, my sisters and I, have even set up an events page we share with a count down clock, weather and links to IR sites. This is a fantastic site and I appreciate the work and experiences that everybody brings to it!

Deb
:D
jerry
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Re: Bucketlist

Post by jerry »

Welcome to the forums. Remember that Nevada Barr writes fiction and the times to get places in her novels are mostly fiction. Her books about all the National Parks are a fun read. Look forward to hearing about your future trip(s).
fredly
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 1

Post by fredly »

I read both books before my trip last year and found that it really whet my appetite for the adventure. While I knew it was fiction, It was interesting to see places on the island that she had mentioned in the book. Have fun!
Nick
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 23

Post by Nick »

I've read both her books while on the island. That's the only way to go. It gives a real feeling of reality to them, even though it is fiction.