Rock Harbor Restuarants

Discuss food & groceries, share recipes, and other backcountry cooking & food-related topics here!

Moderator: hooky

tinman
NewbieCake

Rock Harbor Restuarants

Post by tinman »

Anyone ever grab a bite in Rock Harbor at the restaurants operated there? I'd welcome some feedback. I understand the price will be higher, but what's the quality of chow there?
Tampico
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 4

Re: Rock Harbor Restuarants

Post by Tampico »

It's excellent.
alecto73
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 2

Post by alecto73 »

I ate a couple times at the snack bar next to the restaurant, pizza, burger, that sort of stuff. After a few days on the trail any hot meal and a beer is going to be pretty good. Since that food is pretty good without the hike that makes it downright fantastic coming off the trail. They had some good microbrew bottles too. This year I'm hoping to try a Windigo sandwich.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
|| Jess ||
DonNewcomb
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 1

Post by DonNewcomb »

We came out of the back country and ate dinner at R.H. It was really good. Maybe no better than any other restaurant but it really tasted outstanding after 10 days on the trail and the Leinenkugel's was nothing short of a gift from heaven.
GoofyGirl
NewbieCake

Post by GoofyGirl »

We ate at the Rock Harbor cafe (the one on the left side - the cafe/grill one) and we both found the food to be quite tasty. Not too overpriced and the pizza was good. We had breakfast there before heading home on the Ranger III and that was very good, too.

It is my understanding that the restaurant on the right side has higher prices but a bigger menu.
Keweenaw
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 30

Post by Keweenaw »

After 7 days of hiker food the Grill food was fantastic! The next morning I hit the Restaurant side for breakfast and they had an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet - SCORE!!
My leatherwork is available through my Etsy shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop/BirchCreekLeather