TR: (Hiking) 6-6 to 6-14 2015 Windigo to Daisey via Malone to Chippewa bushwack

Reports or links to reports on trips.

Moderator: Tom

tree rattt
May actually live on IR

Re: TR: (Hiking) 6-6 to 6-14 2015 Windigo to Daisey via Malone to Chippewa bushwack

Post by tree rattt »

6-13-15

Moskey to Daisey Farm

Early morning, up at 6 and we decide to skip breakfast.Everyone is psyched to get to Daisey, especially Madeline! She can' t wait to see Candy and Rolph! Tonight was the presentation on the beach and she was coming unglued with excitement! We get packed in record time! We travel light and don't take on water. It is still cool and the skeeter bugs are giving us some reprieve.Zach and Tim are just gone! We just blew this stretch away and got our shelter.We finally had breakfast and took on water.We grab a little gear and head up to the tower. Madeline and I take off first and about half way up we stop on an outcrop for a good view.the others catch up and then on to the tower. The boys check it out. By this point the whole crew wanted off.I wanted to homestead 8-) . I decide to to head up the greenstone trail a bit further.I was looking forward to some solitary time .I a lot on my mind and just wanted to take it on my own terms.This didn't happen though.Dad and Madeline went back to Daisey .He forced the boys to follow me . Happy joy! We cruised about a half an hour and I turned around and went back. We got back an had a little lunch and then sure enough we had brownies!! Super cool! We were also offer a lift Over to see Rolph and Candy, couldn't pass that up! Madeline saw Candy and totally freaked out with excitement and gave her a big Madeline hug! They went inside and we were given the tour of all the bones. Wow! What a collection of antlers. It was a great visit. We shared info and locations of some untouched moose. Then we went back to camp for supper.We had just settled in when Ranger Emily stopped by to chat.She asked us where we came from. We told her. Her response will forever make me smile! She said "oh I have heard about you guys!" " I have been looking for you ! " The way she said it was priceless! We talked for a bit and found out she was really happy she didn't have to look for us! Time for the presentation ....and the temperature was dropping fast! It was a good time, unfortunately my singing voice wasn't up to par from my allergies .....loosing my voice and all :? Oooohhhhh well. Wow it is getting cold! We get ready to hit the sack .I decide Madeline and I are going to snuggle tonight! We lay things out blanket style, put on all our layers and go to bed...it was cold!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
tree rattt
May actually live on IR

Re: TR: (Hiking) 6-6 to 6-14 2015 Windigo to Daisey via Malone to Chippewa bushwack

Post by tree rattt »

Well I will wrap this up! This day is is a sad one for me. I was informed by my crew, except Madeline. This would be their last trip to the island. The boys had enough! Dad said it was just getting too difficult at his age. I could totally understand everybodies points. It was sad knowing it was the end of an era. My return trip would likely be a solo one.I could only hope that Madeline would tag along again. The boat ride was smooth and we met some nice folks on the ride home. One lady introduced herself and wanted to meet Madeline. She told Madeline that reading about a her was inspiring.That was touching. I have met a lot of really cool people on my travels to IR, I hope to meet more!

Thanks for reading! I hope we can inspire your inner adventurer!

Thanks,
Jason & Madeline

hooky
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 2

Post by hooky »

Glad you got your brownies. Sad to hear you lost all the male members of your crew though. I hope you and Madeline have many more good times on the island.
tree rattt
May actually live on IR

Post by tree rattt »

Thanks Hooky!

Donk_67
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 2

Post by Donk_67 »

Great report. It very well may turn out that a few years from now, your nephews will look back on this as one of the best adventures they've had.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
tree rattt
May actually live on IR

Post by tree rattt »

Donk 67....you are spot in with this assessment! After many family gatherings It is all Tim wants to talk about! When we ask if he wants to go back .........his answer is simply no thanks ....but it sure was fun! Zack doesn't really talk about it. Madeline, well she will follow Daddy an any of his lunatic adventures! She was promised time in the Porkies.....so were just waiting for weather :) My Dad asked me the other day about finishing out the trails.....about 28 miles or so on the Rock Harbor end.

My point of this is the island changes people a little....and keeps us coming back for more :) I just thought I would put a little update on ....almost a year later. The Isle is not for everyone, but for some what a place!

So howdy all....maybe we will see you on the trail :)