Season Pass

Questions on general information and things that do not fit into any other categories.

Moderator: srparr

mean_ass_raccoon
NewbieCake

Season Pass

Post by mean_ass_raccoon »

So am I ok just showing up with my printed out email confirmation/receipt and my driver's license? I will have one guest.
dcclark
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 4

Re: Season Pass

Post by dcclark »

I'm not sure what you're asking, or what you already have. Do you have a national park annual pass and/or Isle Royale season pass? (If yes, then you're all set: Either of those passes cover your entrance fees and those of up to 3 people with you.)

Is the "email confirmation/receipt" referring to your plane ticket, or the national park pass, or...?

Edit: Assuming you have a receipt for the season pass, yes, that (and your driver's license) are all you need. See Fees & Passes: "Your printed pay.gov hard copy or digital receipt will be your pass."
TopCarrot
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 8

Post by TopCarrot »

Yes. They didn’t even look at mine. I went to grab it and she was good with that. #germs
22 CH-ML-ML-LRC-DF-CA-RH
21 3M-MB-McC-TH-ND-WC
21 LC-DF-McC-CH-MB-RH
20 HC-FL-SB-SD-MB-MB-RH
19 TH-ND-WC-SD-ML Via Voyager McC
18 DF-CH-DF
18 LC-DF-LR-RH
17 CW-SD-WC greenstone in 50hrs
mean_ass_raccoon
NewbieCake

dcclark wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:55 pm I'm not sure what you're asking, or what you already have. Do you have a national park annual pass and/or Isle Royale season pass? (If yes, then you're all set: Either of those passes cover your entrance fees and those of up to 3 people with you.)

Is the "email confirmation/receipt" referring to your plane ticket, or the national park pass, or...?

Edit: Assuming you have a receipt for the season pass, yes, that (and your driver's license) are all you need. See Fees & Passes: "Your printed pay.gov hard copy or digital receipt will be your pass."
I'm referring to the receipt for my ISRO Season Pass, and I keep hearing about a backcountry permit. wondering if i'm all set. plane is paid for a long time ago. Hancock to RH.
dcclark
May actually live on IR

Post by dcclark »

Yep, your receipt for the Season Pass, plus your photo ID, is enough (although as TopCarrot said, things may be more lax this year!).

You will need to fill out a backcountry permit when you arrive. Normally this is done with a ranger, but this year I believe you can just fill one out at a kiosk when you arrive at the ranger station. You'll fill out your expected itinerary (which you can freely modify, it's just your best guess), put it in a plastic baggie, and clip it to your pack, tent, or shelter door.
mean_ass_raccoon
NewbieCake

dcclark wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:13 pm Yep, your receipt for the Season Pass, plus your photo ID, is enough (although as TopCarrot said, things may be more lax this year!).

You will need to fill out a backcountry permit when you arrive. Normally this is done with a ranger, but this year I believe you can just fill one out at a kiosk when you arrive at the ranger station. You'll fill out your expected itinerary (which you can freely modify, it's just your best guess), put it in a plastic baggie, and clip it to your pack, tent, or shelter door.
awesome thank you so much! there's a lot to get your head around you first time coming to the island!
dcclark
May actually live on IR

Post by dcclark »

mean_ass_raccoon wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:42 am
dcclark wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:13 pm Yep, your receipt for the Season Pass, plus your photo ID, is enough (although as TopCarrot said, things may be more lax this year!).

awesome thank you so much! there's a lot to get your head around you first time coming to the island!
No worries. It can be confusing! Last time (my 3rd trip), I somehow completely forgot that I needed a photo ID... until I was in the permit line. Luckily, the rangers are accommodating.