Maps

Questions about equipment and supplies to bring on a trip (including reviews).

Moderator: hooky

Kjmyrmel
NewbieCake

Maps

Post by Kjmyrmel »

I am a artist/cartographer and have just finished a new waterproof map of Isle Royale. The original is primarily watercolor, hand drawn and hand lettered. It is highly detailed and has all campgrounds identified with maps and details of each, and water access only campgrounds identified. All the trails, major highlights, Portages, maps of Rock Harbor and Windigo, transportation information, etc.
If you’re interested, go to:
kjmyrmel.webs.com
Ingo
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Re: Maps

Post by Ingo »

Looks like an interesting map.
22: BI-PC-BI-RH, 21: RH-ML-DF-MB-DF, 18: MC-PC-BI-DB-RH-DF, 17: WI-IM-SB-FL-WC, 16: RH-CI-TI-RH, 14: BI-ML-CI-CH-MB, 13: RH-PI, 12: MC-CB-HL-TH, 11: WC-HC-WC, 09: MC-BI-DN-RH, 05: MI-CI-MB-DF-RH-TM-RH, 02: MC-LR-WL-CH, 01: BI-DB-RH, 79: worked RH
seymourdunn
NewbieCake

Post by seymourdunn »

This looks like really great work, and I think I'd like one! Could you post a few better close-ups, like loup-view at 100%? It's pretty difficult to make out really any details. I can understand your apprehension to posting full-size close-ups, but it's kind of a deal-breaker for me to not be able to see details first, let alone read any text besides the title.
Base654
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 15

Post by Base654 »

I saw a post recently in my Facebook feed for this map and took a chance. I like it. It's a lot like the Nat Geo map, but with more details. It is of course artwork so it will hang on my wall, but I would have no problem taking it as my field map. I buy a new map for each trip and write my "diary" on the trails or campsites. I have a project in mind where I take this new map and transfer the "best of" to it for a wall hanging.