password woes

Questions, answers, suggestions and/or opinions about this web board or, the Isle Royale Info web site. If it's a Web Board or Web Site operational question, check here for an answer or, to ask a question.

Moderator: fonixmunkee

torpified
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 6

password woes

Post by torpified »

due to all-too characteristic torpification, I lost track of my password. I'm down to one device that's still logged into the forums---and I don't know how long it's going to stay that way. My attempts to reset my password have failed, and in multiple ways:

-the automatically generated email from the forums with the "reset password" link never made it to either the inbox or the spam folder of the email address associated with my account

-I tried contacting the administrators, but if they've sent a link, it also hasn't made it to my inbox or my spam folder.

-by the time I managed to successfully key in my current password, I'd entered so many incorrect guesses that I was informed that I also needed to complete a CAPTCHA---only I wasn't presented with any CAPTCHA to complete (could this be a popop window problem?).

I apologize to the administrators for being a pain---but I'd really appreciate it if they could either tell me what else I can try or (try again to) send a "reset password" link to the email address I've listed on my profile page!
hooky
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 2

Re: password woes

Post by hooky »

I looked to see if I could do it, but it is above my pay grade.

Looks like it would have to be done by Fonix, IncaRoads, Johnhens or Ingo.
IncaRoads
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Post by IncaRoads »

torpified wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:36 pm I apologize to the administrators for being a pain---but I'd really appreciate it if they could either tell me what else I can try or (try again to) send a "reset password" link to the email address I've listed on my profile page!
Manually sent information to your email address on record.
torpified
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 6

Post by torpified »

I'm back in! Thanks so much!!
Bobcat1
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 8

Post by Bobcat1 »

Yeah, I had to get admin help when I changed jobs, losing access to my email of record to reset a long-forgotten password. I ended up with a whole new persona! Glad that particular learning experience was learned via a hobby, without locking up, say, my bank account or my health insurance!
22 WC-HC-BCZ20-WC
19 RH-ML-TI-RH by kayak
16 RH-DF-MB-TI-RH-3M-RH by kayak
09 RH-DF-MC-TH-HL-SD-WC
00 WC-IM-WC
96 WC-FL-SB-SD-HL-CE-3M-RH
94 RH-DF-MB-3M-RH
92 RH-DF-LR-CW-HL-SD-IM-WC