TR: 7/9-7/15, 2021 [Hiking] [An east-end itinerary: RH > LC > DF > McC > CH > MB > RH]

Reports or links to reports on trips.

Moderator: Tom

TopCarrot
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 8

Re: TR: 7/9-7/15, 2021 [Hiking] [An east-end itinerary: RH > LC > DF > McC > CH > MB > RH]

Post by TopCarrot »

hooky wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:15 pm Great trip report. Thanks for sharing it with us.

I'm missing those days where you hike and then swim off the dock for 2 hours, multiple days in a row. I'm worn out just thinking about watching them do that.
I was worn out just having to keep moving to stay in the shade and watch them.
22 CH-ML-ML-LRC-DF-CA-RH
21 3M-MB-McC-TH-ND-WC
21 LC-DF-McC-CH-MB-RH
20 HC-FL-SB-SD-MB-MB-RH
19 TH-ND-WC-SD-ML Via Voyager McC
18 DF-CH-DF
18 LC-DF-LR-RH
17 CW-SD-WC greenstone in 50hrs
TopCarrot
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 8

Re: TR: 7/9-7/15, 2021 [Hiking] [An east-end itinerary: RH > LC > DF > McC > CH > MB > RH]

Post by TopCarrot »

I forgot the two funniest quotes from the hike.

There was “while you’re hiking you should never trust a fart. The rewards just aren’t worth the risk.”

Best was a play in the on the social distancing sign the @kelly mentioned from the queen. Keep a moose space between you or two wolves or two beavers and a baby beaver.
My son was stepping to the wife’s heels and pulling her boots off cause she wasn’t walking fast enough. She says “you gotta keep enough space for a pair of foxes and a baby fox or I am going to poke you with my pole.” he responds with “how about 7 vertical squirrels squished together.”
22 CH-ML-ML-LRC-DF-CA-RH
21 3M-MB-McC-TH-ND-WC
21 LC-DF-McC-CH-MB-RH
20 HC-FL-SB-SD-MB-MB-RH
19 TH-ND-WC-SD-ML Via Voyager McC
18 DF-CH-DF
18 LC-DF-LR-RH
17 CW-SD-WC greenstone in 50hrs