Marking Posts as Read

Questions, answers, suggestions and/or opinions about this web board or, the Isle Royale Info web site. If it's a Web Board or Web Site operational question, check here for an answer or, to ask a question.

Moderator: fonixmunkee

Coolkat
NewbieCake

Marking Posts as Read

Post by Coolkat »

I don't have the time to read every new post but I'd like to see what is new since the last time I visited so I'm wondering how do I mark all posts as read? Most forums can do this but I don't see an obvious way to do this here.
Ingo
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Re: Marking Posts as Read

Post by Ingo »

In the "Isle Royale Forums Index" view there's a "Mark forums read" on the top-right of the forums list.
In the "Isle Royale Web Board" view (essentially the same), it's "Mark subforums read".
22: BI-PC-BI-RH, 21: RH-ML-DF-MB-DF, 18: MC-PC-BI-DB-RH-DF, 17: WI-IM-SB-FL-WC, 16: RH-CI-TI-RH, 14: BI-ML-CI-CH-MB, 13: RH-PI, 12: MC-CB-HL-TH, 11: WC-HC-WC, 09: MC-BI-DN-RH, 05: MI-CI-MB-DF-RH-TM-RH, 02: MC-LR-WL-CH, 01: BI-DB-RH, 79: worked RH
Midwest Ed
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 8

Post by Midwest Ed »

Also, you can subscribe to one or more (or all) of the forum topical areas (and individual sub topics as well) and then receive an email when there's a new post. The email also includes a link that takes you directly to the new post. I find it quite convenient.
8 trips, 1975 x 2, 1976 x 2, 1978, 1985, 2000, 2013
odd man out
LNT Expert

Post by odd man out »

I just go to the menu and click new posts. I read the ones I want. Ignore the others. If I check in every day or two, there are never many there.
hooky
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 2

Post by hooky »

Ingo wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:32 pm In the "Isle Royale Forums Index" view there's a "Mark forums read" on the top-right of the forums list.
In the "Isle Royale Web Board" view (essentially the same), it's "Mark subforums read".