Scheduling Seaplane

Questions about how to get to the island and where to stay near points of departure.

Moderator: dmdhiker

TopCarrot
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 8

Scheduling Seaplane

Post by TopCarrot »

I am setting my September hike and called to check for availability as I have before. They said just book it and they will get back in a few weeks with a confirmation if it works. I placed the order 7/26. How has scheduling been working out for everyone else?
22 CH-ML-ML-LRC-DF-CA-RH
21 3M-MB-McC-TH-ND-WC
21 LC-DF-McC-CH-MB-RH
20 HC-FL-SB-SD-MB-MB-RH
19 TH-ND-WC-SD-ML Via Voyager McC
18 DF-CH-DF
18 LC-DF-LR-RH
17 CW-SD-WC greenstone in 50hrs
Buckeye
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 6

Re: Scheduling Seaplane

Post by Buckeye »

You wouldn't think scheduling a plane would be so hard. I submitted a request on 6/28 and didn't hear anything until 7/16. I was told I would hear back within a week when I called, so I assumed I wasn't going to hear anything. In the meantime I scheduled ferry trips that I had to cancel and eat the cancellation fee.

Good luck!
11 DF-WC-MB-3M-RH
14 CH-MB-DF-3M
18 CH-MB-MC-DF-LC
19 MC-MB-3M-RH
21 FL-SB-HL-EC-RH
23 ML-HL-LT-ND-WC
Base654
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 15

Re: Scheduling Seaplane

Post by Base654 »

I have been taking the seaplane to the island for years now. It is a bit unnerving not hearing back from them until a week or so before your departure, but I can assure you that their system works. The smaller planes (non airliners) require more specific weight and balance calculations. I have been moved from one time slot to another to put a smaller person on a plane full of big guys. They have never forgot about me or my group.