Moosewatch for Educators

Questions on general information and things that do not fit into any other categories.

Moderator: srparr

HoosierHiker1202
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 2

Moosewatch for Educators

Post by HoosierHiker1202 »

I just wanted to give a big thank you to all who actively participate in this forum. I took my first trip to IR last summer and hiked the GRT from Windigo to Rock Harbor. Without your help, I’m not sure we could have pulled it off.

I had such a great time that I wanted to find some way to get back/give back. Fortunately, it seems I’ve found that as I was recently chosen to participate in Moosewatch for Educators in late June. I’ll get to see some parts of the island that we didn’t explore on my first trip while contributing, at least a little, to the ongoing predator-prey study. Words can’t describe how excited I am for this opportunity.

So, again, thank you all. You are truly helpful and your passion for this island is evident. Thanks for making a difference.
First trip- June 2021 - Windigo to Rock Harbor
June 2022 - Moosewatch for Educators
torpified
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 6

Re: Moosewatch for Educators

Post by torpified »

That is so excellent! I really wanted to Moosewatch this year---I even tricked my brother into gifting me his old-school external frame Kelty backpack, the better to strap moose parts to --- but none of the dates meshed with my over-constrained schedule. Please take notes and report back!!
fonixmunkee
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 18

Re: Moosewatch for Educators

Post by fonixmunkee »

Sounds like a good time. And thank you for the feedback on the forum.