TR: 7/18-7/24, 2022 [Hiking] East End

Reports or links to reports on trips.

Moderator: Tom

S_R_L
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 6

TR: 7/18-7/24, 2022 [Hiking] East End

Post by S_R_L »

Just a few quick observations until I have time to write out a proper report.
Self-registration is a godsend.

I collected the least amount of micro garbage on this trip so that made me feel good about my fellow man (Except for 3 Mile; I picked up enough bits there of fill a Ziploc sandwich bag.)

Fewer people than I expected on the island which was a big surprise/bonus!

I hope no one got too wet or injured when that section of boardwalk gave way on the Chippewa trail! We crossed it going in and it was still barely hanging on. We arrived at the campground just as a group of 4 adults and a child were leaving the campground for Moskey. The next day when we left one section was gone and nobody else had come or gone down the trail.

So many people not following the basic rules. There was a fire going at Lane Cove. There was evidence of a prior fire in the site we used at Lane Cove. People were bathing with soap in Moskey Basin and the same people doing their dishes in the lake as well. People attaching things to shelters.

I got in Superior every day, usually more than once! Standing waist deep at Daisy in short shorts and a t-shirt while everyone on the dock was in pants and jackets or raingear and complaining about the cold put a smile on my face.

So relaxing! Sad to be back home.
'22: RH-LC-DF-MB-CH-DF-3M-RH
'21: RH-DF-MB-MC-HL-Malone-SD-WC ~75 miles hiked including side trips.
'20: WC-FL-SB-IM-WC
'18: RH-DF-MB-ECB-DF-RH
'16: RH-LC-DF-TM-RH
'14: WC-HC-WC